The municipal bodies are: Municipal Assembly, Mayor, Municipal Council and Municipal Administration.
Municipal Assembly is the highest body of Municipality of Cuprija, which performs basic local authority tasks, stipulated by Constitution, law and Statute. It’s constituted by 37 members, elected by citizens directly, by secret voting. The members are elected every four years.
Elected members take an oath. Assembly meetings are convoked by Municipal Assembly President, when necessary, and once in three months at least. Meetings are open for public. For the public work of the Municipal Assembly the President of the assembly is accountable.
Municipal Assembly founds permanent and temporary working bodies, adopts Statute and Rules of Procedure of the Municipal Assembly, budget and annual statement of accounts, adopts development programs,spatial plan, urban plan, etc.
• President of the Municipal Assembly / Branimir Tazić
• Deputy President of the Municipal Assembly / Slavko Cvetković
• Secretary of the Municipal Assembly / Dragica Pejčić Randjelović
Members of the Municipal Assembly
Dimitrijević Lazić Jelena
Lombauer – Milanović Jelena
The Mayor represents the Municipality and acts on its behalf, and performs an executive function in the Municipality of Cuprija.
The Mayor has a Deputy who replaces him/her in case of an extended absence and/or due to any other reasons that prevent the Mayor to perform the duties.
• Ninoslav Erić, Mayor of Cuprija
• Ilija Paunović, Deputy Mayor of Cuprija
Assistants to the Mayor:
• Branko Milojević, Assistant for LED
• Jadranka Đorđević, Assistant for Environment
• Svetlana Kostić, Assistant for Urban planning
The Mayor is concurrently the Chairman of the Municipal Council with the right to vote.
The Municipal Council of Cuprija coordinates the implementation of the Mayor and Municipal Assembly’s functions, and it carries out the control and supervision over the performance of the Local Self – governance Administration.
The Municipal Council is composed of the Mayor, Deputy Mayor, and 9 members. The members of the Municipal Council are, further to the proposal of the Mayor, elected by the Municipal Assembly for the period of four years. The Mayor convenes and presides over the sessions of the Municipal Council.
– Members of the Municipal Council are:
– Ninoslav Erić, Chairman of the Municipal Council of Cuprija
– Ilija Paunović, Deputy Chairman of the Municipal Council of Cuprija
– Vladimir Vasiljević, member of the Municipal Council
– Đorđe Nešković, member of the Municipal Council
– Nebojša Milanović, member of the Municipal Council
– Dragan Nikolić, member of the Municipal Council
– Biljana Gradojević, member of the Municipal Council
– Bojan Avramović, member of the Municipal Council
– Dragoslav Đukanović, member of the Municipal Council
– Milenko Mikić, member of the Municipal Council
– Radmila Kokalj, member of the Municipal Council
The Municipal Administration performs administrative affairs in the scope of rights and responsibilities of the Municipality of Ćuprija and certain professional tasks required by the Municipal Assembly, Mayor and Municipal Council.
• Milica Cvetković, Head of the Municipal Administration
• Daliborka Kovačević, Deputy The authorities of the Municipal Administration include:
– Drafting of regulations and other bylaws made by the Municipal Assembly, Mayor and Municipal Council;
– Enforcement of the decisions and other bylaws of the Municipal Assembly, Mayor and Municipal Council;
– Bringing rulings in first-instance administrative proceedings on the rights and obligations of citizens, enterprises, institutions and/or other organizations within the original scope of the Municipal’s competences
– Performance of the administrative control affairs over the implementation of regulations and other bylaws passed by the Municipal Assembly;
– Enforcement of the legislation and other regulations, the enforcement of which is entrusted to the Municipality;
– Carrying out of professional and/or other operations defined by the Municipal bodies.
The internal organizational units are established as part of the Municipal Administration with a view to performing related affairs.